Lafarge’s high purity Agri-Gypsum is a 100% natural mineral which is a suitable fertilizer for organic farming. Agri-Gypsum is a good source of sulphur for the soil and significantly improves soil structure and increases crop yields.
- Gypsum is an evaporite mineral most commonly found in layered sedimentary deposits in association with halite, anhydrite, sulfur, calcite and dolomite.
- Gypsum (CaSO4.2H2O) is very similar to Anhydrite (CaSO4). The chemical difference is that gypsum contains two waters and anhydrite is without water.
- Gypsum is the most common sulfate mineral; it is approximately 21-23% calcium and 17-19% sulfur in its pure form
- Calcium Sulphate Dihydrate between 80-99%
Agri-Gypsum improves crop yield and quality through the following ways:
● Reduces soil crusting
● Increases soil nutrient retention
● Reduces soil erosion
● Helps soil microorganisms to flourish
● Increases soil water retention
● Reduces amount of other fertilizer
● Reclaims sodic soil
● Enhances crop production by allowing water and nutrients into soil
● Benefits such crops as alfalfa, corn, cotton, wheat, peanuts and where substantial amounts of sulphate sulphur is required (1.5tons/acre)
● 100% natural mineral which is suitable fertilizer for organic farming.
● Aids seed germination
● Improves water infiltration
● Stabilizes soil organic matter
● Decreases nitrogen loss in the air
● Keeps clay off of tubers and roots
● Helps earthworms to flourish
● Used in turbid water, particularly ponds, to settle dirt and clay articles without injuring aquatic life
● Gypsum products are infinitely recyclable and keep their natural properties during repeated application.
● Gypsum is recognized as acceptable for human consumption by the U.S. FDA
● Important source of: Sulfur (18.6%) and Calcium (23.3%)
● Sulfur type is easily absorbable by plants
● Gypsum does not affect soil pH